For the past year I’ve been raising money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation because my best friend has Cystic Fibrosis (CF). Together we’ve been making and selling crafts like ribbon barrettes, bottle cap magnets, and Rainbow Loom bracelets. Last year we donated $140 to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation’s Great Strides Walk to help fund research that will find a cure for CF.
Here are some tips for raising money for a cause you’re passionate about:
- Know your cause. Know a lot about it to explain to everyone you know. Research if you can!
- Set a goal. Put it on your sign, and let your customers know your goal, and how much of what you’re selling will be donated to your cause.
- KEEP YOUR FUNDS SAFE!! Keep them in a box , envelope or give them to a parent or supervisor. It helps to keep them in eyesight and don’t let anyone but you, your supervisor,and your teammates touch or mess with them.
- Team up. Get a few friends and an adult to help you out if you want.
- Let people know. Make posters and hang them in or around the area or neighborhood where you are raising money and be sure to state the 5 w’s. Who,what,when ,where, and why you are raising money.