At school they offer a variety of after school clubs for all grades. Recently I did a photography class taught by a local mom who is a professional portrait photographer and learned some tips I wanted to share! Here are 10 photography tips for beginners or people who like taking pictures.
1. Use the macro setting to take pictures of small objects.
2. Be patient and wait for a good shot. If you don’t get the shot you want, try different angles.
3. When working with pets, use rewards such as treats for being a good, cooperative model.
5. Don’t place your object or subject in half sun. You don’t want someone or something in the shadows.
6. Here’s another pet tip…Use a favorite toy to capture their attention. That’s how I got this one!
7. It’s better to shoot during the day in natural light.
8. If you’re taking pictures of plants and want a dew effect, mist it off with the garden hose. A spray bottle works well too!
9. It’s best to look at your pictures once they’ve been imported. Reviewing them on your camera will eat up the battery and the picture is always bigger and better on your computer screen.
10. Don’t shoot into the sun! It’s bad for your eyes. If you want to get an effect like that, close your eyes and shoot!